Welcome back for 2021!
My name is Katie McDermott, I will be the Acting Principal for terms 1 and 2 while Mrs Mulhearn in on leave.
The students arrived at school this morning full of excitement and enthusiasm. The rain didn't dampen their spiritis!
This newsletter will outline important announcements for our first week until we publish a full newsletter on Friday 5 February.
We will welcome our Kindergarten students on Monday, and we wish our Year 6 2020 students the best of luck as they start their high school adventures.
Firstly, I would like to welcome back the staff of Corpus Christi. I would like to thank the teachers and staff for their efforts during the holiday period to ensure that the classrooms are ready for students and full of exciting learning opportunities.
The Executive Team - Terms 1 and 2 - As you are aware Mrs Mulhearn has taken leave for the first half of the year. Please note below the roles in the executive team, my thanks again to David and Lisa for continuing in these roles and showing me the ropes!
|Acting Principal||Ms Katie McDermott|
|Acting Assitant Principal||Mr David Treloar|
|Acting Religious Education Coordinator||Mrs Lisa York|
Welcome Mr Tony Fern
We welcome Tony Fern to Year 5 for weeks 1-4. Tony is an experienced educator that comes to us with a wealth of knowledge abd experience. Tony will be teaching Year 5 for the first four weeks while Mrs Kuterovac recovers from surgery.
Welcome back Mrs Bronwyn Ryan
Our thanks to Bronwyn Ryan for stepping back into a regular teaching role on a temporary basis. Mrs Ryan will teach Year 3 on Tuesdays for Terms 1 and 2.
COVID Safe Routines for 2021
Morning drop off – drop off at gates
- A teacher will be on gate duty to welcome students into the school
- Students enter via the Platt St Gate
- Students take their bags to the classroom (If before 8:20 supervision, students are to wait in the Dominic Courtyard outside the office for the teacher on duty)
- Students move to the playground for supervised play until the 8:50am bell and lessons commence
Afternoon pick up – pick up from gates
- Students to assemble in the under croft for the 2:50pm bell
- Students exit via Platt St Gate and Alfred St Gate– Teachers will call students on the microphone to move to the gate and meet their parents/carers
- Walking lines/bus lines will operate as usual
- OOSH – St Nicholas OOSH students meet staff in the under croft
Please note Parents and carers are allowed on school sites for specific purposes only, including but not limited to:
- Volunteering for canteen and uniform shop duties or collecting and purchasing uniforms.
- to attend P&F meetings
- to attend essential and scheduled parent and carer meetings with teachers and/or school executives
Friday 5th February Years 1-6
Our School Swimming carnival will take place next Friday 5 February. Permission forms will be sent home on Monday.
Due to COVID safe protocols we can include 10 parents to volunteer at the carnival. If you are available and can assist on the day, please contact me via email. firstname.lastname@example.org
P & F Meeting
Save the date - our first P & F Meeting will be on Tuesday 9 February at 6:30pm in the School Library. This is the first 'in person' meeting for the P & F for some time. I am looking forward to meeting parents and working together with the P & F throughout the year. The P & F is an excellent chance to meet other parents and families and be involved in your child’s schooling in a very practical way.
We are looking forward to a great 2021!